Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

By the way . . .

Since Denver theatre recommendations is what this blog is about (that, and serving as an outlet for my irrepressible ego), I thought I'd make (or repeat) a couple.

This is the last weekend for Metro State's Once on This Island. Fun show.
Paragon's Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune runs through March 10th. A must-see!
And, in one of my rare sight-unseen recommendations, Paragon will be presenting their week's installment of Suzan-Lori Parks's "365 Days/365 Plays" project on Wednesday, February 28th at 7:30 p.m. at The Phoenix Theatre. Admission is only $1000.00 per person or $1800.00 per couple.
No, it's free. It's free. It is. But, for those of you who haven't heard, The Phoenix is for sale. If it hasn't already been snatched up by someone who wants turn it into a parking lot, the asking price I heard is $500,000.
I have $37.26 to contribute. (If I skip my haircut, I have $43.76.) What do you say, folks? Let's pool our resources and save the Phoenix.
Seriously, though, does anybody have a rich uncle?
The Phoenix is home to quality dramatic companies like NextStage and Paragon and others. It would be a shame if these companies had to add "finding a space" to the long list of other things they have to do to keep providing quality, thought-provoking live entertainment here in the Mile High City.
Support local theatre!

No comments: