Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Buen Alimento Y El Gran Bailar

I haven't written about any restaurants in a while, and I wanted to bring your attention to a little place over in Lakewood that was recommended by my good friend, playwright Marcus France.
Las Cazuelas is a little family-owned and operated Mexican food restaurant almost hidden away at 6757 West Mississippi. They recently got some attention with a rave review of their green chile in the Denver Post, and I could not agree more.
And I was raised on Mexican food.
The next time my dad is in town, I'm taking him straight to Las Cazuelas, and I could not pay this restaurant a higher compliment than that.
If you like Mexican food then you have to check out this place, and if you don't like Mexican food then this is the place that can cure you of that terrible affliction.
Las Cazuelas
6757 W. Mississippi
Lakewood, CO 80226
303-935-2043

And, for those of you Spanish readers out there, "El Gran Bailar" refers not to a dance floor at Las Cazuelas (although their sopapillas made me want to do the electric slide), but rather is a "shout out" of congratulations to Mandy Moore, older sister of fabulous Denver actress (and my friend from way back) Missy Moore.
Mandy was recently nominated for an emmy for her choreography on "So You Think You Can Dance" for this number from last season:

No comments: