Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Why I'm Behind Schedule

Yes, cherubs, I'm running late, I know. Yesterday was kind of a full day for your Big Bad Wolf.
Unsung hero. Big time.
I needed to meet with the playwright Marc France as I am helping him to workshop his newest play The Soule Assassination this evening at the Denver Vic today at 7pm. Drop by if you want. We want all the feedback we can get. Silas Soule was the "whistle-blower" on the Sand Creek Massacre, and a pretty brave and honorable guy. Why there isn't a statue of this guy somewhere in Denver, I do not know.
Then I spent the evening with the fun folks at the Evolution Theatre Company fundraiser. Good times there. ETC is gearing up for the world premiere of David Nehls's new musical BREACH starring the incomparable Amanda Earls (*sigh*) and directed by Nick Sugar. (Okay, *sigh*.) I'll be doing some coverage of the process on this show right here on this blog, so stay tuned.
BREACH will also feature Jace Smykill, front-man of the band foma, which was also there to rock the fundraiser.
Okay, that's both an explanation of my tardiness and a teaser of things to come. Come back here in an hour or so for the Superhero Sunday blog on Monday. And then about an hour after that for the regularly scheduled Monday Motivator.
It's hard work, but you're worth it, my lovelies.

No comments: