Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2008

A Little Self-Promotion If You Don't Mind (or Even If You Do)


Sometimes when I get heavily involved in a project, I forget to blog. That means that, usually, I forget to blog about the things that I'm working on around town. Well, I've got a lot of stuff coming up over the next few months, so I thought I'd try to get a few things up here in time for you to see them.
First up, I will be performing (after a five-year hiatus from acting) in a short play by Jonson Y. Kuhn called Telling The Moon Hannah Haxby Left Boulder as part of a fund-raiser for the Crossroads Theater on August 4th as shown above in that nifty graphic. (It gets bigger if you click on it. Come on, you know you want to click it.)
It's a full evening of music and theater for just $12, and it benefits a nice little theatre that is currently providing performance space for three shows, including Paragon's This is How it Goes. Too many theatre spaces have gone by the wayside in the last year or so around town, folks. Sure, theatre can be performed in a cardboard box if needed, but isn't it nice when it doesn't have to be?
In fact, the fundraiser is being held at Blackberries next door because Paragon will be using the theatre that night as part of its Trench readings series. Can't get much more magnanimous than that, can you? (Well, except for Buntport's recent announcement, maybe. Major kudos to those guys.)
So come on down, enjoy some music, some really terrific plays (good enough, at least, to draw me back to the stage, anyway, and that takes some doing) and support a local theatre that supports a lot of other local theatre, because, like I always say, "We're all in this together."

No comments: