Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Teen Titans

I was all set to follow up my last entry with more musings about how the cell phone has transformed America as a population. I had a scathingly witty paragraph about the perils of walking and texting at the same time all prepared. (An entire generation not watching where it is going!)
However, I came across a story that effectively trumps any grumblings I could have put forward today.
This is a story about kids, animals, and indomitable enthusiasm and persistence. Two young women, Amanda Huhman and Libby Burks effectively (and nearly miraculously) managed to win a one-million-dollar makeover for their pet project (pun intended), the Central Missouri Humane Society.
It is a remarkable story, and proof that anybody can make a difference.
As Gandhi said: "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

No comments: