Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Rough Month

You may have noticed that I've been a bit scarce here in cyberspace of late. There are a number of factors. Primarily, I'm attending school full time and working full time. I decided to go back and pursue that highly overvalued (and overpriced) piece of paper that says that I am an educated individual. (Because you all know what an uninformed dolt I am without it.) Yes, that's right. I compromised my principles and am now attending an institute of "higher learning" that currently values my attendance over my education. Oy.
So, not only am I not finding a lot of time to blog, I am also not finding a lot of time to go out and see shows to blog about, either.
Another factor is that I am presently feeling a bit foolish. As I mentioned in earlier blogs, I have begun to promote shows here that I have not seen yet. For me, that has presented a risky proposition. If I write here about a show that I liked, then you see it and don't like it, I'm okay with it. I have no problem with you being wrong. If, however, I write about a show that I haven't seen yet, and it turns out to be, well, let's just say "below standard," then I feel that is a reflection upon my reputation. (Which, admittedly, isn't presently what it once was or what it will soon be again.)
This month, that has happened a couple of times at least, and, frankly, it's starting to tick me off.
Still, I want to promote Denver-area theatre as much as I can, and, since so many shows have limited runs, advance recommendations seem to be about the only way to get the word out on these productions.
What to do? What to do?
I don't want to have to add the caveat, "I haven't seen it yet, so don't blame me if it blows," to every advanced recommendation that I make, but I also don't want to steer you wrong. It's bad enough when I waste money on a bad show. I hate for you to as well.
I'll have to ponder this one for a bit longer, I'm afraid.
In the meantime, look at this:

No comments: