Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Playing Catch-up: Millie and Oz

Oh wow!
It's April 19th already! Where does the time go?
Performance Now's Thoroughly Modern Millie is already running!
Featuring the ever-enjoyable Alisa Vaughters as Millie, this is undoubtedly a show not to be missed. (I may have to catch it next weekend myself.) You know how this works: click on the brightly-colored link for more info.
I did manage, despite my monstrous schedule, to catch MSCD's The Wizard of Oz on Thursday. Now, I'm usually the first one to say, when it comes to staging the MGM musical version of Baum's classic fable, why not just put up a big screen and show the 1939 movie?
The answer, my friends, is on stage at the King Center this weekend and next. Very fun. Melissa Morris as Dorothy is a delight. Erica Johnson is absolutely bewitching as . . . oh, don't make me say it.

No comments: