Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Obama on the Arts

Busy. Busy. Busy. Sorry, piglets, that it has been so long since you've heard from the Wolf -- I've just got a bit on my plate. I'm directing a new play right now that will open in a few weeks, and that has been taking up a fair amount of my blogging time.
I did not, however, forget my commitment to investigating the support for arts education from our future leaders.
Starting right at the top, I am looking at the two men who are currently neck-and-neck to become the next President of the United States of America.
Today, let's look at Barack Obama.
Here is a fact sheet from the Obama camp detailing the candidate's plans for incorporating more arts in America's schools.
Here is the candidate himself speaking about arts in the schools back in April of this year:

If you want to hear more interesting facts about the impact of arts on kids and communities, spend a little time browsing around the Americans for the Arts website.
In the interest of equal time, tomorrow, we'll look at John McCain's views on the importance of arts education.
I will say that it is not a coincidence that I chose to put Obama's policies on arts education up first. I found most of what I needed with a simple Google search in 0.27 seconds.
McCain is saved for tomorrow because, frankly, I'm still looking.

No comments: