Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Doctor of Broadway

With a revival/revision of one of my favorite musicals, Promises, Promises now running on Broadway, I thought it would be fun to share with you this new article in the New Yorker about one of the show's architects, Neil "Doc" Simon. Simon, one of Broadway's most popular playwrights, adapted Billy Wilder and I.A.L. Diamond's screenplay of The Apartment, to which Burt Bacharach and Hal David contributed a memorable score, including the much-loved "I'll Never Fall in Love Again."
The new cast features Sean Hayes and the incomparable Kristin Chenoweth, and really makes me wish I lived just a little closer to the Great White Way. Well, at least the internet makes it possible to get a somewhat closer look at the production.

No comments: