Search This Blog

Friday, July 17, 2009

In the Meantime

I teased that there would be something special and cool here today, but not all of the pieces have fallen into place just yet, so check back tomorrow.
While I was waiting, I popped out to Celebrationworks's production of Shakespeare's Brother, a fun little play by local playwright Carol Roper and directed by Bernie Cardell.
I try to see new works as often as I can - particularly when crafted locally.
Another local playwright and friend of mine, Marcus France, has often told me that he thinks that Denver is on the verge of a renaissance in playwrighting, and I am inclined to agree.
The more that we as an audience support these artistic ventures, the sooner we will reach that renaissance.
Perhaps if there is enough support locally, the Denver Center might be persuaded to use its substantial grant from the SCFD (*ahem*) to look closer to home for its new play festival and cultivate the talents here at home.
Just a thought.

No comments: