Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2009

The Gift of Hope

Well, I hope that those of you who braved the Black Friday shopping found yourself some great deals, and I hope that you saw some fellowship in yourself and the other shoppers this year.
I would like to list one gripe that I have with some of the holiday retailers: Is it really appropriate to call these sales "doorbuster specials" after what happened at a Wal-Mart last year? Just saying.
Okay, now, if you didn't find something for everyone on your list, I would highly suggest that you take a look at the St. Jude Holiday Hope Gift Book. There are lots of very special gifts in a number of different price ranges that just might be the perfect thing for those "hard-to-buy-fors" on your list.
There are some really quality items in this catalog, and 100% of the profit from your purchases will benefit a great organization - an organization that is a very important one to your Big Bad Wolf, too.
Check it out, please.

1 comment:

Kendall Scot said...

I agree that the term has taken on new meaning after the death last year. After readin about it, I saw the fault was with the store management as well as the throngs of people who said to themselves, "Was that a dead guy I just stepped on? Well, no matter, I must have that TV"...

What a shame.

I was, however, surprised that around noon yesterday Carol went to Wal-Mart and got a space right up by the store, got right in and there were no crowds and no lines. She was in and out in 10 minutes...

Times do change.