Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Follow Up

Now, don't get excited. I'm not starting up the blog again, but I've made a few decisions about the way that I'm ending it.
I also want to answer a few questions that have come up since the last post, so here goes:

1. At the suggestion of a friend, I will leave the blog up indefinitely. No guarantee that all of the links will still be good, but, if you want to look at a video or read a post, they'll be there until this website decides to take them down. I have restricted commentary, however, because I'd just as soon not have to moderate anymore.

2. My Twitter account (badwolf1013) will remain active for a couple of reasons. First, I'm not looking to cut myself off from the cyber world, I just decided to stop writing my blogs. I'll still be doing those daily tweets from Wild Card Sunday all the way through Save-The-World Saturday, and I'll still be linking to items of interest and injecting my unique perspective, albeit at 140 characters or less. If you don't want to join Twitter (though I find it quite useful and fun myself), you can always read my tweets right here on the right side of this page.

3. I will blog again. Most likely I'll start a new blog after the first of the year. What that will be or how that will be set-up is something that I'm going to think about between now and then. When I start that new blog, I'll update here and on Twitter. In the meantime, I have already received one invitation to be a guest blogger on another site, and, if that goes well, I may do it some more if I'm asked.

4. If you haven't already, I suggest that you add the following blogs to your bookmarks:
Running Lines - This is Denver Post critic John Moore's blog about the Denver theatre scene. Here you will find things like season announcements, more in-depth coverage of some theatre-related news stories, and even the occasional open forum for discussion and debate.
Theatre Colorado - Becca Fletcher is on the inside track of a number of theatre companies in the area, so she posts audition announcements and other useful info on her blog.
Daily Cross-Swords aka Bonzuko - The blog of ninjas/ fellow theatre nerds Jenn Zuko and Jason Boughn covering an array of fun theatre and non-theatre topics including a lot of info about the art of stage combat.

Okay, I think that about covers it.
I'll see you around the web, cherubs.

No comments: