Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wildlife Wednesday: Rarer and Rarer

In case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a sucker for baby animals. One of my Blogger apps on this site is a "baby animal of the day" at the very bottom of the page. (Scroll down.)
So, naturally (no pun intended), one of my favorite sites to visit is ZooBorns.com which updates with pictures and video on most of the baby animals born in zoos around the world.
I was particularly excited to read about Henna, an Indian rhino calf born in Zoo Basel, a nonprofit zoo in Switzerland. Not only is it great to read about a baby being born to a species that at one point had a population in only the double digits, but this baby has a very interesting "birthmark": one white leg.

Pretty cute, no? There are even more pictures of Henna at the ZooBorns site. I also dug around and found some amateur video of baby and mom on YouTube:

No comments: