Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Save the World Saturday: Moving Forward

I won't spend any time in this entry asking you to remember the events of this day nine years ago. I don't need any help remembering, and I expect that you don't either. Besides, while the great majority of these calls to remember are genuine and sincere, the few that are largely opportunistic turn my stomach. So I have avoided as much of the media today as I can. Like I said, I don't need any help remembering.
I have been reflecting today on one of my favorite quotes from Mark Twain:
"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove lid. She will never sit on a hot stove lid again - and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore." -Mark Twain.
The last thing I want to do today is to get preachy, and I don't think that Mr. Clemens's wisdom requires any explanation. His quote and the wisdom behind it inspired my choice for today's nonprofit, because - at the end of the day - we all have to find a way to share this world.

The National Council on U.S.-Arab Relations


 

No comments: