Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Save the World Saturday: Safe Kids

April is Child Abuse Prevention month. I could throw a bunch of statistics at you, but, frankly, I don't think I could really count on their accuracy. Child abuse is one of those "dirty little secrets" that happen in families, and any data collected on the issue would only be part of the story.
The truth is, if the statistic was "1," that's 1 too many, in my opinion, and the more that we can do to prevent any abuse of children, the better the world will be for our efforts.
The Family Violence Prevention Fund is one organization working toward that goal.
Rather than show some scary (or worse, trite) PSA about child abuse prevention, I instead want to share this video from Howcast about controlling your temper. Perhaps the most important step is Step One: Count to Ten.

No comments: