Search This Blog

Monday, January 8, 2007

The Last Book I Read, 1/8

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

This book was recommended to me by the lovely and dear, Debbie Swartz (who now lives in Hawaii and probably doesn't even know about this blog, but props to you anyway, Honeybee). German author Cornelia Funke, weaves a thoroughly intriguing tale for lovers of books. Without giving too much of the story away, imagine the wonder and consequences of being able to literally bring a book to life. This book is clever, touching, and engaging. Best book I ever read? No. Not even close. But a lot of fun, nonetheless. If you like the Harry Potter books, you will probably like this one. There's one sequel in print - Inkspell (I haven't read it) - and another in the works. According to IMDb, it's going to be made into a thoroughly miscast movie. (Okay IMDb didn't say it was miscast; that's what I'm saying.) Read the book first. Seriously.

No comments: