Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Save the World Saturday: Thinking Big

Every week, I tweet (and now post) about a different charity that is doing its small part to make the world a better place, because I believe that through a large number of small actions everyday, it is within our power to save the world in which we live.
Today, I present an organization that is on the brink of saving millions of lives. Yes, I said "millions."
Here is an estimate from the International Aids Vaccine Initiative website that explains why they exist.
"Nearly 7,400 people a day are infected with HIV. An AIDS vaccine with 50% efficacy given to 30% of the population would avert 5.6 million new infections in low and middle income countries between 2015 and 2030."
Okay, what more do I really need to say about this organization to demonstrate its importance?
That's what I thought.
Here are a couple of videos anyway:


No comments: