Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday Tune: Tell Me Why

First off, let me say that I'm beginning to think that Tuesday Tune is becoming a little redundant as I am regularly tweeting songs from my account at Blip.fm, and I frequently include music videos in my other posts. So, if I - or some of you among my readers - can come up with an alternate (but fun) topic for me to replace it with (alliteration preferred), then I will do so.
For today, though, I feel that it is worth pointing out that on this day 25 years ago, a bi-continental concert was organized to raise money to feed the many starving in Ethiopia. The event was Live Aid, and it was held simultaneously in London and Philadelphia attended by a combined live audience of over 150,000 and a television audience estimated at about 2 billion across 60 countries.
The concert was loaded with many memorable moments, one of which I have chosen as this week's Tuesday Tune.
One of the event's main organizers, Bob Geldof, took to the stage with the rest of the Boomtown Rats to perform their hit single "I Don't Like Mondays." In the context of the cause at hand, the lyrics took on a new meaning, and reached a show-stopping climax that, well, just check out the video:

No comments: