Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday Motivator: Love Story

The origin of Valentine's Day is pretty murky. It seems to originate with two (or three) saints named Valentine, but there aren't really any romantic aspects to their stories. A couple of legends have surfaced that have a romantic flair to them, but there is little to corroborate their validity.
Now it seems to be a very commercial holiday propagated by the greeting card, candy, flower jewelry industries and rooted in self-doubt and guilt. (Yes, I'm such a romantic. I know.)
However, I did read a love story today that I thought was worth sharing from the Cincinnati.com website. (What can I say? I get around.) I think it's worth a read. Even a cynical grouch like me was moved by the story of Niki and Mark, and I can't think of a better motivator for a Valentine's Day Monday.
Picture credit: The Enquirer/Ernest Coleman

No comments: