Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Theatre Thursday: Two Ladies

Seven years ago this week, a little fantasy musical comedy years in the making opened on Broadway. I was fortunate enough to see the show about a month after it opened.
It's not my favorite musical by a longshot. It's not even my favorite musical from this composer. However, because of the performers in this show - in particular the two female leads (not something one sees often) it was an absolutely magical experience for me.
I was not surprised to see that it did not win the Tony for best musical, but I was also not at all surprised to see it break box office records and actually break even in just fourteen months. (Most other blockbuster shows usually take at least two years to do that.)
The show, of course, was Wicked:

No comments: