Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday Tunes: Jingle Belle

One of the most distinctive (and one of my favorite) voices in contemporary pop music has lent her Scottish pipes to some familiar and not-so-familiar Christmas tunes on a new holiday CD: A Christmas Cornucopia. If you've been hanging out in a Starbucks in the last couple of weeks, you've probably heard at least one of the tunes. Incidentally, that's also one of the places you can find it. However, the one I'm sitting in right now is sold out of it, so don't dilly-dally if you want one.
Here's a sampling of the album:

The song that jumped out at me is her version of the French Christmas Carol "Il est né le divin enfant" a song we don't hear very often in America, but I wish we did.
Here's a full version of the tune as performed by the Salt Lake Children's Choir:

Nice, huh?
Oh, and just for the record, I don't make any money off of hawking Annie Lennox's CD or any of the other music or movies I write about here. I just write about what I like and think you might like, too, and I still have to pay for my coffee no matter how many times I mention Starbucks in my blog. Which reminds me: I need a refill.
Happy Tuesday, cherubs.

No comments: